Eating certain foods can be difficult with braces, but there are plenty of recipes to try that are both delicious and braces-friendly.
Pretzels can be too chewy to eat comfortably with braces, but this recipe makes it easier to eat pretzels.
- ¾ cup warm water
- ½ envelope yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pinches of salt or cinnamon and sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together the warm water, yeast, and sugar.
- In a large bowl, mix salt and flour with a large spoon. Stir 5 minutes then mix with yeast.
- Flour your hands and shape pretzels.
- Brush them with the beaten egg and place on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle them with salt or cinnamon and sugar if you desire.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 425 degrees.